Once you’ve adjusted the settings so that they fit perfectly for your site, go ahead and click Create Spot. If you’ve selected WordPress as your website builder on the previous page, doing so will create a “Spot.IM ID” that is specific to your website’s domain.
Then, follow these precise, simple steps:
- Head over to your site’s WordPress admin dashboard, and select Plugins > Add New from the left-hand navigation pane.
- Type “Spot.IM Comments” in the search field, and select the plugin of that same name.
- On the plugin page, click Install Now, located in the lower right-hand corner of the page. You will be brought to our installation page.
- On our installation page, click Activate Plugin.
- Copy your unique Spot.IM ID (from before) and paste it in your Spot.IM Settings page, located in your WordPress dashboard (Settings > Spot.IM Settings).
- Finally, click Save Changes.
One of our features is give you the ability to import your comments from Spot.IM to your WordPress site.
- Head over to your site’s WordPress admin dashboard and select Spot.IM from the left-hand navigation.
- Scroll down to Import Options section.
- Enter your Token which you can get from our firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Finally, click Import and you are set, now wait for all the comments to import. It might take several minutes.